Mission Statement

Dooming bad comics, one story at a time.

"First Class" casting is second rate.

Just a quick story I found and thought I'd share. James McAvoy, who played the main character of Wanted, and that goat boy from Chronicles of Narnia, will be playing Charles Xavier in the upcoming movie X-Men First Class. The story is early on in the mythology, when Xavier and Eric Lensherr were still friends, and it leads to the start of the war between them. Granted, I think they need to leave the franchise alone, seeing that X-men as a series is turning to crap, but let alone doing a prequel. Has Hollywood no shame? Of course not, that's why we see all of these crappy license movies.

But that's not my real problem. My problem is casting. McAvoy isn't a bad actor, he's just not a Charles Xavier type. I mean take a look and judge for yourself.



Vs



Nope, bad casting.

No comments:

Post a Comment