Mission Statement

Dooming bad comics, one story at a time.

Routine Maintenance Check up

Just got back from Iron Man 2, and without any spoilers, it's worth seeing. It has it's share of problems, but as I heard before I watched it, if you liked the first one, you'll like this one. More comedy, more action, more tech. Everything you probably expected. Yes I was right about a thing or two, but I take back my comments on Rourke's ability to be a convincing villain.

In short, I give it an A-.



I tried to find a pic of Iron Man giving a thumbs up, but couldn't find one. After a while of searching, the only one I could find was Obama from the Spider-man issue that couldn't sell, so I just used this. If you find one, drop me a line from the contact me and I'll change it.

Now for the spoilers. If you don't want to read, go away. I'll give you a few seconds to go.











That should do it. Ok, they are aren't biggies, but some people would be upset to see them without watching first. I know because I am among those that would.

First off, I was right about the Black Widow. She's American. She speaks russian among many other languages, but she's full blooded American.

Second, there are many homages. Cap's shield shows up, much more noticably, and not complete this time. You can not miss it. A screen shows images from Incredible Hulk(not Bana's ode to crap, but Edward Norton's decent ode to destruction) which places this movie on a timeline at the same time as Hulk.

Third, as if you didn't already know, stay until after the credits. It's worth it.

And last, Whiplash, for a decent portion of the movie, looks much more like Omega Red than the character he's supposed to be. Not like we didn't know that from the merchandise, but you'll have that.

I know, I'm not giving away much. But I like to watch things and experience them rather than be told.

That's it. Have fun and hope you watch it.

No comments:

Post a Comment